Corel released Service Pack 1 for Painter X3 today. If you haven't already received a message on your computer, you can get the SP by opening Painter and going to Help>Check for updates. After waiting a few moments you should see the update available for download and installation. If it's not ready for you, wait a few hours and check again.
Caution! Before installing the SP, be sure to export all your custom workspaces, and panels, especially custom brushes...just in case. :)
Here is the information from the post at The Painter Factory by Andy Church on the reasons why you should install this Service Pack.
Here are the top 10 reasons you will want to grab it!
1. Cloning is smooth & predictable.
2. Prefer to start, stop and flip back and forth between Painter 12 and X3?
Go for it!
3. Copy, paste and use keyboard commands to your hearts delight.
4. Layer on the layers and transform with stability.
5. Shortcut crazy? Use all the characters you want.
6. Set and forget your workspace.
7. Scripted brushstrokes are a perfect timesaver.
8. Straight as an arrow shapes and selections.
9. Load your brushes, customize parameters and paint away.
10. Access help any time you need it.
Detailed information about the issues which were addressed may be found here.
MAC USERS: This service pack delivers OSX 10.9 support for Painter X3. You can learn more about the service pack details here.
I don't know about you, but I plan to export all my goodies and install that Service Pack this evening. :)