The following information is being published courtesy of David Gell.
There is currently an issue in Corel Painter 12, whereby Custom libraries which have been exported on the Windows PC platform are greyed out in the Import Library dialog and cannot be opened when attempting to import them on the Apple Mac platform, due to missing codes.
The Set P12 Library Import droplet application (link is below) will automatically add the necessary codes to the Windows PC Painter 12 exported libraries, based on the file extension name.
Note: For OS X 10.7 (Lion), you need to use the Snow Leopard version of the droplet script.
Using the Droplet Application
1. Download the script from this link:
2. Unzip the file and place the droplet script named "Set P12 Library Import" on your desktop.
- Paper Library File extension: .paperlibrary
- Pattern Library File extension: .patternlibrary
- Gradient Library File extension: .gradientlibrary
- Nozzle Library File extension: .nozzlelibrary
- Look Library File extension: .looklibrary
- Weave Library File extension: .weavelibrary
- Script Library File extension: .scriptlibrary
- Image Portfolio Library File extension: .imageportfoliolibrary
- Selection Portfolio Library File extension: .selectionportfoliolibrary
In addition to the droplet script, you can also download some fabulous, unusual, and innovative custom brushes for Painter from David's web site at: http://www.jitterbrush.com/